Luxury Roundtrip ride to Boothbay to enjoy “Gardens A Glow” and an afternoon foodie tour
- VIP Guests Ages 21+
Maine Foodie Tours in Rockland
You may already have heard about the culinary scene here, and it’s well worth the praise. From farm-to-table freshness and seafood right off the shore to award-winning chefs and creative brewers of all kinds, bean-to-bar chocolatiers, confectioners, and more.
The midcoast culinary talent goes way back in time. Did you know…that a diner owner in Rockland lays claim to the creation of the first lobster roll? That a former resident of the town invented, not the donut, but the hole in the donut? And, a man known as the “father of coffee breaks” in the early 1800s hails from Rockland? He got his workers off the “grog” and onto the grounds!
Learn a bit about the history and a whole lot of the current culinary scene on this three-hour tour. We will entertain and educate you while you enjoy the local flavors and talents of the town.
Tastings will fill you up for lunch with a wide variety of favorites that may include the following:
- Lobster rolls from fresh lobsters caught off Matinicus Island, 23 miles off the Rockland coast
- Local beer-marinated beef skewers with onion rings
- Your choice of an award-winning Maine craft beer
- Locally sourced soups with choice of vegan, gluten-free and more
- EVOO and balsamics
- Specialty award-winning chocolate made right in Rockland
We do our best to offer alternatives specifically for gluten (not celiac) and shellfish preferences and sensitivities. Other guests will have to pick and choose their participation.
About the VIP Package
Join our regularly scheduled tours as a VIP and receive exclusive gifts to assure your tasty trip to Maine is packed with delicious lobster and you can also enjoy it back home! At the start of your tour, you will receive a Maine Foodie Tours shopping bag filled with:
- Our completely subjective *Guide to the top 3 lobster Rolls* to be enjoyed along the seacoast of Maine
- An exclusive 10% discount for shipping live Maine lobsters to your door via Portland’s *Lucky Catch*
- Plus the tools you’ll need to enjoy lobster in your own home, including instructions for eating a lobster, a lobster claw oven mitt, a shell cracker, picks, ramekin for butter sharing, lobster bibs and towelettes for two.
A. Food tours in Rockland run rain or shine! But, we understand that sometimes unexpected things happen, so we offer a tour insurance option for $5.99 per person. This allows you to cancel your tour tickets for any reason up to 24 hours prior to the start time of the tour. No questions asked and you’ll be refunded your ticket cost minus the booking fee and tour insurance.
There are no refunds available within 24 hours of a tour start time.
A: We love dogs, but family fur babies are not allowed on the tour because of strict health code laws. If you have a dog that is a certified service animal that is the only exception. Please note in the “additional information” that your service dog will be participating. Keep in mind, if your teacup chihuahua shows up for a tour we know you’re pulling our leg!
A: A moderate level of mobility is required to take a food tour in Rockland with us due to the level of historic preservation of the landscape and architecture. Most of our partners are not wheelchair accessible.