Are you interested in the art and culture of Portland as much as the fabulous food scene here? This tour is perfect for you!
- VIP Guests
Savor a Maine seafood luncheon and learn about Portland’s iconic working waterfront
Visit Portland’s vibrant working waterfront to view lobster boats often unloading their catch, learn about the historic wharves and our relationship to the sea .
We’ll visit a mix of Old Port and waterfront district destinations, and sometimes a locale or two on the fringes, for a progressive lunch. Servings vary from dine-in and to go from restaurants, pubs, markets and artisanal shops.
Learn about the life of lobsters dwelling on the ocean floor and hear about how hardy lobstermen and women haul in their catch year round, rain, snow and shine. The healthful sea plant that’s versatility flavors everything from tea to granola and more!
Most “classic culinary heritage” Maine experience with a bit of modern flair.
- WHEN: Public tours are offered May – October and Private experiences subject to availability all year long
- DURATION: 2.25-2.75 hours
- DISTANCE: Between 1 – 1.5 miles
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Food and beverage tastings associated with the tour, gratuity at locations, knowledgeable local tour guide and lots of food for though
- WHAT’S EXCLUDED: Tips for your guide. When you have a great time, your guide graciously accepts tips
- WHO: All ages are welcome
- HOW MANY GUESTS: Capacity: 2 – 8 people per tour
- WHAT TO WEAR: Comfortable, weather appropriate clothing for Maine’s changeable weather and your walkin’ shoes
- WEATHER: Tour takes place rain or shine!
Sensitivities & Dietary Preferences
We do not offer alternatives for any servings on this tour. Please enjoy this experience as it was created or you’re welcome to pick and choose your participation.
What’s a VIP ticket?
The regular ticket is as described above. the VIP ticket adds on some specialty Maine gifts including:
- Our Completely Subjective Guide to the top 3 lobster Rolls to savor
along the seacoast of Maine
- An exclusive 10% discount for shipping live Maine lobsters, or other seafood, to your door
- Tools you’ll need to enjoy lobster in your own home, or while you’re here, including instructions for eating a lobster, a lobster claw oven mitt, a shell
cracker, picks, ramekin for butter sharing, lobster bibs and towelettes for
This tour includes gluten, seafood and dairy and does NOT offer any alternatives for servings to preserve the integrity of the tour as it was curated.
We offer private group tour options for the Lobster Lovers Lunchtime Tour for 8 or more. Contact us at 207-233-7485, or complete our online form for private tour requests.
Book this Tour as a Private Event
A: No. Portland’s dedication to historic preservation means that many buildings that house our food and beverage partners are small spaces, have narrow doorways, stairs and also we traverse cobblestones.
A: Approx. half a mile/12 minutes and it’s a straight shot down Commercial St. Cruise ships disembark typically at the Ocean Gateway [14 Ocean Gateway] or near Casco Bay Lines [56 Commercial St.] and the meeting point for the tour is outside the U.S. Customs House located at 312 Fore St., but you’ll be meeting your guide on the Commercial Street side of the building.
A: Absolutely! All ages are welcome. We don’t, however, encourage the use of strollers due to the size of many of our food and beverage partners spaces. If a stroller is absolutely necessary please use one of the smallest possible umbrella/collapsable size.
A: No. We love puppers, but legally our partners are not allowed to have pets enter their premises unless they’re official service dogs. IF you have an official service dog please note in your booking that they will be coming along.
A: We do NOT recommend using metered parking as the max time is 2 hrs. and this tour lasts longer than that. There are parking garages and lots all over the Old Port available. The least expensive rates can be found at the Spring Street Parking Garage or Holiday Inn by the Bay’s parking garage.
A. Our tours run rain, snow and shine, winter, spring, summer and fall! That being said, we understand that unexpected things happen. We offer a tour insurance option for $5.99 per ticket that allows you to cancel your tickets for any reason up to 24 hours prior to the start time of the tour. This insurance MUST be purchased at the time the tickets are confirmed, it cannot be added on after the fact. There are no refunds within 24 hours.