Enjoy festive cocktails and appetizers for two hours of fun and frolic.
- Person Ages 5+
- VIP Guests Adult Only
Enjoy Lobsters, Chowders & More!
The area has been home to those who make their living on the sea for centuries and a popular destination for visitors who love history, beautiful beaches, and plentiful outdoor activities.
In recent years the culinary scene is also attracting visitors with nationally renowned chefs, gourmet catering companies, craft brewers and award-winning food artisans.
This tour takes a leisurely half-mile walk from Dock Square across the bridge into the lower village as you taste all along the way what it means to be from Maine.
You will visit with shop keepers and food artisans, taste chowders, lobsters and more, all regionally sourced and created by local talent. Our friendly and knowledgeable guides will take you to several venues to sip, taste and learn about Maine’s culinary history and vibrant food scene.
Tours Vary & Tastes of the Port Samplings will Include:
- Fresh lobster right off the boat
- Maine clam or fish “Chowdah”
- Craft brewed ales or fruit sodas
- Maine honey wines
- The original Maine whoopie pie, the state’s official “treat”
- Freshly roasted coffees with local roaster and macaroon
VIP Package: Join our regularly scheduled tours and receive exclusive gifts to assure your tasty trip to Maine is packed with delicious lobster and you can also enjoy it back home! At the start of your tour, you will receive a Maine Foodie Tours shopping bag filled with:
- Our completely subjective *Guide to the top 3 lobster Rolls* to be enjoyed along the seacoast of Maine
- An exclusive 10% discount for shipping live Maine lobsters to your door via Portland’s *Harbor Fish Market*
- Plus the tools you’ll need to enjoy lobster in your own home, including instructions for eating a lobster, a lobster claw oven mitt, a shell cracker, picks, ramekin for butter sharing, lobster bibs and towelettes for two.