Rockland: Lunchtime Culinary Tour
You may already have heard about the culinary scene here, and it is well worth the praise.
Join us for a tasty culinary walking tour in historic downtown Rockland!
- You may already have heard about the culinary scene here, and it is well worth the praise. From farm to table freshness and seafood right off the shore, award winning chefs and creative brewers of all kinds, chocolatiers, candy makers, and more, this town has something for every taste bud to enjoy.
- The mid-coast culinary talent goes way back in time. Did you know… that a diner owner in Rockland lays claims to the creation of the first lobster roll? That a former resident of the town invented, not the donut, but the hole in the donut? And, a man known as the “father of coffee breaks” in the early 1800’s hails from Rockland? He got his workers off the “grog” and onto the grounds!
- Learn a bit about the history and a whole lot of the current culinary scene on this 3-hour tour. We will entertain and educate you while you enjoy the local flavors and talents of the town.
Tastings will fill you up for lunch with a wide variety of favorites in town, featuring all of the following:
- Lobster rolls from fresh lobsters caught off Matinicus Island, 23 miles off the Rockland coast
- Local beer marinated beef skewers with onion rings
- You choice of an award-winning Maine craft beer
- Locally sourced soups with choice of vegan, gluten-free and more
- EVOO and balsamics
- Specialty award-winning chocolate made right in Rockland
Tickets: $69.95 per person VIP $95 per person
About the VIP Package
Join our regularly scheduled tours and receive exclusive gifts to assure
your tasty trip to Maine is packed with delicious lobster and you can also
enjoy it back home!
At the start of your tour, you will receive a Maine Foodie Tours shopping bag filled with:
- Our completely subjective *Guide to the top 3 lobster Rolls* to be enjoyed
along the seacoast of Maine
- An exclusive 10% discount for shipping live Maine lobsters to your door
via Portland’s *Harbor Fish Market*
- Plus the tools you’ll need to enjoy lobster in your own home, including
instructions for eating a lobster, a lobster claw oven mitt, a shell
cracker, picks, ramekin for butter sharing, lobster bibs and towelettes for
Meeting Location: Tours meet in front of Ada’s Kitchen at 449 Main Street, Rockland, ME.
Note: Main Street is one way heading North.