Portland: Old Port Lunchtime Lobster Crawl
All ages welcome I $74.95 per person I Tuesday-Sunday I 11:30am
Enjoy a classic Maine luncheon around the charming Old Port! Iconic local flavors from lobster and seafood chowder to Maine craft brews and more.
Enjoy a classic Maine luncheon around the historic Old Port!
- Back by popular demand! Join us on a taste-filled lunchtime adventure while learning about Maine’s most famous crustacean! Your Maine Foodie Tour guide will walk with you along the working waterfront to view lobster boats often unloading their catch. We’ll visit a mix of Old Port and waterfront district destinations for a progressive, iconic Maine lunch. Learn about the life of lobsters dwelling on the ocean floor while you dine on a fresh picked lobster roll. You’ll hear how the lobstermen and women haul in their catch while enjoying fresh New England or seafood chowder. Maine craft beer is a must try modern classic or we offer a locally crafted soda as an alternative. There’s one more surprise seafood tasting and we round off your experience with one of Maine’s official treats, the whoopie pie (or another Maine-centric dessert.)
- Your guide also dishes about Portland’s historic wharves and our relationship to the sea
- This walking tour is appx. 1 mile visiting local favorites with plenty of food, and food for thought – lots of time for Q/A. This is our most “classic heritage” Maine experience with a bit of modern flare.
- When: Tours offered May-October
- How long: 2 – 2.5 hours
- What’s included: Food and beverage tastings associated with the tour and tour guide. If you have a great time, your guide graciously accepts tips.
- Who: All ages, who enjoy seafood, are welcome.
- Capacity: 14 people per tour
- What to wear: Comfortable, weather appropriate clothing and your walkin’ shoes
Weather conditions: Tour takes place rain, snow or shine!
Private Group Tours
If you’re a group of 8 or more, we also offer private group tour options. Contact our box office at 207-233-7485, or complete our online private group tour request form
Sensitivities and Dietary Preferences
If you have a seafood, gluten or dairy sensitivity, we’d like to recommend you take a look at one of our Culinary Walking Tours as a tasty alternative to enjoy. We specifically recommend our [Old Port Culinary Walking Tour](https://fareharbor.com/embeds/book/mainefoodietours/items/43874/?full-items=yes&flow=24967)
Please meet us at the back side of the Custom House on the corner of Pearl and Commercial Street facing the water. The front door is on Fore Street, but the tour starts on the other side of the building on Commercial Street- see link for street view
312 Fore Street
Portland, ME 04101](https://firstname.lastname@example.org,-70.25096,350.23h,4.64p,1.73z)
Q: How close is the starting point for this tour to where the cruise ships disembark?
A: Appx. half a mile/12 minutes and it’s a straight shot down Commercial St. Cruise ships disembark typically at the Ocean Gateway [14 Ocean Gateway] or near Casco Bay Lines [56 Commercial St.] and the starting point for this tour is 223 Commercial st. for easy google map reference you can add to your phone
Q: Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
A: Portland’s dedication to historic preservation means that many buildings that house our food and beverage partners are small spaces, have narrow doorways, stairs and also we traverse cobblestones, so unfortunately, in general, our tours are not “yet” wheelchair accessible
Q: Is this tour kid-friendly?
A: We’re a family friendly tour, all ages are welcome! We do not encourage the use of strollers due to the size of many of our food and beverage partners spaces.
Q: May I bring my dog?
A: We love puppers, but legally our partners are not allowed to have pets enter their premises unless they’re official service dogs