Portland: Old Port Culinary Walking Tour
$69.95/$95 VIP per person | Available Daily!
This leisurely-paced walking tour carves a path through the streets of the charming Old Port! Join us on our 3-hour flagship tour available all year long.
Our friendly and engaging tour guides will take you to several Old Port venues where you will sample delectable, made in Maine, Maine-inspired and fancy foods, plus learn from many who craft these culinary delights. Along the way, you will learn about the colorful local history unique to the “Port City.”
Details about the Tour
- Appx. 3 hours
- Included: All food and beverage tastings and tour guide. Tips for your guide are not included but appreciated when you have a great time!
- Who: All ages are welcome
- Capacity: 14 people per tour
- Weather: Tour takes place rain or shine. If you don’t want to join us during a snow storm, we’ll gladly reschedule your tickets.
Itinerary may include some combination of the following:
- Freshly baked mac and cheese accented with Maine lobster
- Fresh picked lobster rolls
- From scratch confections from a hip local bakery
- Cold-pressed nut mylk smoothie
- Locally-sourced temaki/hand roll
- Farmers market sourced soups or a Maine seafood “chowdah”
- Nationally recognized Maine craft beer
- Maine honeywine known as Mead
- Dark chocolate truffles made with Aroostook County potatoes
Variations regularly occur as this is our most popular tour and there is always a nice selection to be enjoyed.
Culinary entrepreneurs explore many diverse directions with their creativity beyond chef and on this tour you’ll experience some of our favorites! This tour showcases the culinary culture comprised of talented food and beverage artisans, from bakers and brewers, to confectioners and more…the spots we locals enjoy visiting on a daily basis. We’ll point out many more along the way!
We actively work with gluten, seafood and nut sensitivities and vegetarians to the best of our ability and additionally guests may pick and choose their participation level.
What to Wear and Where to Meet
- Wear: Comfortable clothing and your walkin’ shoes
- Where: Tour meets outside the Old Port Wine Shop located at 223 Commercial Street (advanced tickets required)
- Please note that there are some cobble stones and brick sidewalks, inclines and stairs along the route.
- As much as we love animals, please consider joining us on the “Doggie and Me” tour if you have your favorite friend with you. (Not allowed on this tour).
Sensitivities & Dietary Preferences
We actively work with gluten, seafood, nut and vegetarian sensitivities and dietary preferences
Please contact us if you have sensitivities or dietary preferences outside of the specific ones outlined above. There are occasions where you will be invited to enjoy the food for thought if food and beverage alternatives are not available.
About the VIP Package
Join our regularly scheduled tours and receive exclusive gifts to assure
your tasty trip to Maine is packed with delicious lobster and you can also
enjoy it back home!
At the start of your tour, you will receive a Maine Foodie Tours shopping bag filled with:
- Our completely subjective *Guide to the top 3 lobster Rolls* to be enjoyed
along the seacoast of Maine
- An exclusive 10% discount for shipping live Maine lobsters to your door
via Portland’s *Harbor Fish Market*
- Plus the tools you’ll need to enjoy lobster in your own home, including
instructions for eating a lobster, a lobster claw oven mitt, a shell
cracker, picks, ramekin for butter sharing, lobster bibs and towelettes for
Group Tours Welcome!
- If you’ve got a group of friends, family or co-workers who’d enjoy a taste of the town, we offer this itinerary to groups of 8 or more as a private tour. Just contact us!
Q: Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
A: Portland’s dedication to historic preservation means that many buildings that house our food and beverage partners are small spaces, have narrow doorways, stairs and also we traverse cobblestones, so unfortunately, in general, our tours are not “yet” wheelchair accessible
Q: Is this tour kid-friendly?
A: We’re a family friendly tour, all ages are welcome! We do not encourage the use of strollers due to the size of many of our food and beverage partners spaces.
Q: May I bring my dog?
A: We love puppers, but legally our partners are not allowed to have pets enter their premises unless they’re official service dogs
Q: How close is the starting point for this tour to where the cruise ships disembark?
A: Appx. half a mile/12 minutes and it’s a straight shot down Commercial St. Cruise ships disembark typically at the Ocean Gateway [14 Ocean Gateway] or near Casco Bay Lines [56 Commercial St.] and the starting point for this tour is 223 Commercial st. for easy google map reference you can add to your phone