Portland: Old Port Culinary Walking Tour
$75.95/$99 VIP per person | Available Daily!
Classic Maine, Maine inspired, up-and-coming, cultural, fancy food and beverages with a healthy side of history await on our Flagship walking tour
Classic Maine, Maine inspired, up-and-coming, cultural, fancy food & drinks with a healthy side of history!
Our friendly and engaging tour guides will take you to several Old Port venues where you will sample delectable, made in Maine, Maine-inspired and fancy foods, plus learn from many who craft these culinary delights. Along the way, you will learn about the colorful local history unique to the “Port City.”
Details about the Tour
- Duration: Approx. 2.5 – 3 hours
- Included: All food and beverage tastings and tour guide.
- Excluded: Tips for your guide are not included but appreciated when you have a great time!
- Who: All ages are welcome
- Capacity: 14 people per tour
- Weather: Tour takes place rain, snow or shine.
Itinerary MAY include several of the following:
- Fresh picked lobster
- From scratch confections from a hip local bakery
- Cold-pressed nut mylk smoothie
- Locally-sourced temaki/hand roll
- Farmers market sourced soups or a Maine seafood “chowdah”
- Iconic Maine craft beer
- Maine honeywine known as Mead
- Dark chocolate truffles made with Aroostook County potatoes
Variations regularly occur as this is our flagship tour.
Culinary entrepreneurs explore many diverse directions with their creativity and on this tour you’ll experience some of our favorites! This experience showcases the culinary culture comprised of talented food and beverage artisans, from bakers and brewers, to confectioners and more…the spots we locals enjoy visiting on a daily basis. We’ll point out many more along the way!
We actively work with gluten (not celiac), seafood, nut and vegetarian dietary preferences and sensitivities to the best of our ability. Guests may pick and choose their participation for any further food issues.
What to Wear and Where to Meet
- Wear: Comfortable clothing and your walkin’ shoes
- Where: Tour meets outside the Old Port Wine Shop located at 223 Commercial Street (advanced tickets required)
Sensitivities & Dietary Preferences
We actively work with gluten (not celiac), seafood, nut and vegetarian sensitivities and dietary preferences
Vegetarian: eats dairy, honey and eggs (not other animal products)
Pescatarian: eats the same as vegetarians plus also eats seafood
Guests may pick and choose their participation for any further sensitivities and preferences
What’s the VIP Package About?
Join our regularly scheduled tours and receive exclusive gifts to assure
your tasty trip to Maine is packed full of flavor.
You’ll receive one of two gifts:
- Our completely subjective *Guide to the top 3 lobster Rolls* to be enjoyed
along the seacoast of Maine
- An exclusive 10% discount for shipping live Maine lobsters to your door
- All the tools you’ll need to enjoy lobster in your own home, including
instructions for eating a lobster, a lobster claw oven mitt, a shell
cracker, picks, ramekin for butter sharing, lobster bibs and towelettes for
- 4 pack of specialty truffles
- Our Guide to Maine in Four Bites
Group Tours Welcome!
- If you’ve got a group of friends, family or co-workers who’d enjoy a taste of the town, we offer this itinerary to groups of 8 or more as a private tour. Just contact us!
Q: What’s the difference between the Old Port Culinary Walking Tour and the Bon Appetite Tour?
A: Here’s three main differences
- LOCATION: The Old Port CWT takes place in the Old Port and the Bon Appetite CWT takes place in the East End
- SERVINGS: Alternative servings are not available on the Bon Appetite, where as we work with a select few on the Old Port Tour
- STOPS: The Old Port visits a mx of artisanal shops, restaurants and pubs and on the Bon Appetite we visit some of these, but also do more collaborative tastings with drinks at a craft beverage creator combined with food from a neighboring establishment
Q: Is this tour handicap accessible?
A: Portland’s dedication to historic preservation means that many buildings that house our food and beverage partners are small spaces, have narrow doorways, stairs and also we traverse cobblestones, so unfortunately no.
Q: Is this tour kid-friendly?
A: We’re a family friendly tour, all ages are welcome! We do not encourage the use of strollers due to the size of many of our food and beverage partners spaces, but if necessary small, collapsable/umbrella styles are best.
Q: May I bring my dog?
A: We love puppers, but legally our partners are not allowed to have pets enter their premises unless they’re official service dogs
Q: How close is the starting point for this tour to where the cruise ships disembark?
A: Approx. half a mile/12 minutes and it’s a straight shot down Commercial St. Cruise ships disembark typically at the Ocean Gateway [14 Ocean Gateway] or near Casco Bay Lines [56 Commercial St.] and the starting point for this tour is 250 Commercial st. at Maine’s Pantry
Portland, ME 04101