East End Artisan Tasting Tour - Ages 21+
Portland's growing hot spot for new restaurants, distillers, and more! Offered All year
About the East End Artisans Tasting & Happy Hour Tour
The East End is Portland’s growing hot spot for craft beverage creators of all kinds from distillers and brewers to fermentors and kombucheries. There’s also a diverse array of restaurants and artisan food shops! We’ll visit several of these bright new stars while narrating the stories of other culinary artisans along the way. These are pioneers who have bravely set up shop outside Portland’s iconic Old Port, revitalizing a new neighborhood for wining and dining.
This experience is a delicious segue to dinner or your evening out, mixing a bit of our craft beverage and culinary culture – tour itineraries vary.
About the Tour
- WHO: 21+ with a valid ID present
- DURATION: 2.5 hours
- INCLUDED: All food and beverage tastings and the services of a local tour guide
- EXCLUDED: Tips for your guide are not included but appreciated when you have a great time!
- CAPACITY: Up to 14 people per tour .
- WEATHER: Tour takes place rain or shine.
What to Wear and Where to Meet
- Wear: Comfortable clothes and your walkin’ shoes
- Where: Tour meets outside of 249 Congress Street in front of LB Kitchen *(advanced tickets required and ticket sales end one hour prior to the start)*
Tour Itineraries Vary
A few examples servings that MAY be part of your tour are duckfat fries, the “real” Maine Italian, fried clams and chowder, distilled spirits, honeywine, craft brews smoked foods or kombucha. This is the afternoon/evening version of our family friendly Bon Appetite Tour, but this is 21+ only.
Sensitivities & Dietary Preferences
Please note the E.E.A.T.T. Happy Hour is the 21+ only version of our Bon Appetite experience and guests may pick and choose their participation as no alternatives are provided for servings. Dairy, gluten, seafood, poultry, pork and more are regularly included as part of this experience.
Book this tour as a Private Group event!
If you’ve got a group of friends, family or co-workers who’d enjoy a taste of the town, we offer this itinerary to groups of 8 or more as a private tour!
Q: What’s the difference between the Old Port Afternoon Artisanal Tasting Tour and E.E.A.T.T. ?
A: They’re completely different tours
– The Old Port tour takes place in the Old Port and the E.E.A.T.T. takes place in the East End
– While the Old Port tour visits a mix of restaurants, bars and pubs the E.E.A.T.T. visits restaurants and includes collaborate tastings from a mix of food artisans and craft beverage creators
– The Old Port tour offers alternatives for seafood, vegetarian and nut sensitivities and preferences and there are no alternatives provided for servings on the E.E.A.T.T
Q: Are there non-alcoholic alternatives available if I’m 21+ and don’t drink
A: Not all partners have non-alcoholic alternatives as we also visit craft beverage creators
Q: Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
A: Not all of our partners are wheelchair accessible due to a combination of architectural design, historic preservation and stair-based entrances
Q: Is this tour kid-friendly
A: The E.E.A.T.T. Happy Hour is 21+ only. If you can wear ’em, you can bring ’em. Please check out our Bon Appetite for young foodies or one of our other daytime/lunch experiences
Q: May we bring our dog?
A: We personally love puppers, but professionally health codes require that fur babies stay home
Q: How close is the starting point to where the cruise ships dock?
A: It’s appx .5 (one half) mile from the Ocean Gateway or Casco Bay Line piers where cruise ships dock
Q: Do you meet guests at the cruise port?
A: We’re happy to meet you at the starting point officially designated for the start of this tour which is not far from the cruise port.
Portland, ME 04101