Boothbay Harbor Culinary Walking Tour
This tour introduces a mix of some of the areas oldest and newest establishments while showcasing the culinary creativity that is alive and well in Boothbay Harbor!
About The Boothbay Culinary Walking Tour:
Join our friendly, local tour guides and be introduced to several locally-owned businesses to explore and taste their delectable, native-to-Maine foods. Enjoy a lively walk to a rotating selection of restaurants, a bakery, a gourmet shop, and a beautiful, historic inn overlooking the harbor while you taste your way through town!
You’ll learn about the history of Boothbay and its’ harbor, the lobstering and fishing industries so alive and well, the award-wining acquaculture and sustainability practices, and the culinary events to join throughout the season all on a beautiful, leisurely walk on both sides of the harbor.
This walking tour is about 1 mile and includes two moderate hills to walk up/down. Bring your appetite for knowledge and lunch as we guarantee to fill your mind and your stomach. This is a great way to jump start your visit to Boothbay as we will recommend all sorts of activities and dining to enjoy. Several of the following may be enjoyed in route:
- Special brunch tastings such as a freshly baked blueberry or maple muffin, deviled eggs or other delightful treats with a Prosecco toast to start us on our journey.
- American Cheese Society Gold Medal winning cheese, from nearby Bath, and others to knock your socks off!
- Sharable plates of locally sources foods with Mediterranean flair.
- A “Classic” Lobster roll with native blueberry sodas. What Maine tour can be offered without lobster rolls? Or, perhaps an award winning lobster chowder?
- Local oysters prepared in different ways at a local favorite restaurant, some of the best oysters in the world, but don’t take our word for it.
- Needhams or Whoopie Pies (the official Maine “treat”) for dessert if you can find the room, or take it home with you.
Changes to the itinerary may vary, but there is always a nice selection to be enjoyed.
- When: Tours offered May – January several days/week and by special request for groups of 8 or more
- How long: 3 hours starting at 10:15am
- What’s included: All food and beverage tastings and tour guide. If you have a great time, your guide graciously accepts tips!
- Who: All ages are welcome
- Capacity: 14 people per tour
- What to wear: Comfortable and Maine weather appropriate clothing and shoes
- Weather conditions: Tour takes place rain or shine
- Where: Tour meets at 11 Howard Street
- Advanced tickets required
Private Tours for Groups of 8 or More:
Planning a family reunion, bachelor or bachelorette party? Celebrating an anniversary, birthday or organizing an outing with your sports club or coworkers? Complete our private tour request form online, email, or contact our “box office” about a private group event.
Note: Maine Foodie Tours donates $1 from the sale of every ticket to a worthwhile Maine charity, and we thank you for your patronage.
Portland, ME 04101