Boothbay Harbor Culinary Walking Tour
This tour introduces a mix of some of the areas oldest and newest establishments while showcasing the culinary creativity that is alive and well in Boothbay Harbor!
About The Boothbay Culinary Walking Tour:
Join our friendly, local tour guides and be introduced to six locally-owned businesses to explore and taste their delectable, native-to-Maine foods. Enjoy a lively walk to restaurants, a bakery, a gourmet shop, and a beautiful, historic inn overlooking the harbor while you taste your way through town!
You’ll learn about the history of Boothbay and it’s harbor, the lobstering and fishing industries so alive and well, the award-wining acquaculture and sustainable practices, and the culinary events to join throughout the season all on a beautiful, leisurely walk on both sides of the harbor.
This walking tour is about 1/2 mile, lasts approx. 2.5 hours, and traverses one mild hill to walk up/down. Bring your appetite for knowledge and lunch as we guarantee to fill your mind and your stomach. This is a great way to jump start your visit to Boothbay as we will recommend all sorts of activities and dining to enjoy. All of the following will be enjoyed in route:
- Freshly baked blueberry and maple muffins or other brunch treats with a Prosecco toast to start us on our journey.
- American Cheese Society Gold Medal winning cheese, from nearby Bath, and others to knock your socks off!
- Fresh corn tacos with fish caught right out front
- A “Classic” Lobster roll with native blueberry sodas. What Maine tour can be offered without lobster rolls?
- Local oysters prepared 3 ways at a local favorite restaurant, some of the best oysters in the world, but don’t take our word for it.
- Whoopie Pies for dessert-the official Maine “treat” if you can find the room, or take it home with you.
Changes to the itinerary may vary, but there is always a nice selection to be enjoyed.
- When: Tours offered June-October several days/week and by special request for groups of 8 or more
- How long: 2.5 hours
- What’s included: All food and beverage tastings and tour guide. If you have a great time, your guide graciously accepts tips!
- Who: All ages are welcome
- Capacity: 14 people per tour
- What to wear: Comfortable and Maine weather appropriate clothing and shoes
- Weather conditions: Tour takes place rain or shine
- Where: Tour meets at 11 Howard Street
- Advanced tickets required
Private Tours for Groups of 8 or More:
Planning a family reunion, bachelor or bachelorette party? Celebrating an anniversary, birthday or organizing an outing with your sports club or coworkers? Complete our private tour request form online, email, or contact our “box office” about a private group event.
Note: Maine Foodie Tours donates $1 from the sale of every ticket to a worthwhile Maine charity, and we thank you for your patronage.